From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoos community communication rant
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 04:09:38
1 On Tuesday 07 September 2010, Al wrote:
2 > >> I was trying to figure this out myself. I thought maybe I was missing
3 > >> something in the message. Maybe not.
4 > >
5 > > Isn't the list aggregated into that news site gmain or whatever its
6 > > called?
7 > > Then he can have it as a newsgroup.
8 >
9 > It's not the question how I read it, but a question how a majority of
10 > users can read and write to it. That influences the culture and
11 > athmosphere of communication. Also I think Volkers remark was very
12 > ironical else he should best go back to his dishes.
13 >
14 > Al
15
16 up until today nobody ever mentioned news. Everybody was happy using mailing
17 lists, forums or irc.
18
19 Or to phrase it differently: news is dying out quickly and gentoo never missed
20 anything not having a newsgroups.