From: "Arthur D." <spinal.by@××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I wrong?..
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 06:44:34
1 > Go to LFS, build it all, build emacs, set EDITOR to emacs, and run
2 > sudo visudo. Please. I have a rather good guess that you'll be,
3 > amazingly, using the default that was set at build time for the sane
4 > default editor, in LFS's case vim (whether called by that or the vi
5 > symlink to it), that the distro creators chose.
6
7 That's right. But there are some reasons why visudo called so (do you see
8 that short VI?), so the user should expect it to run using vim if it's
9 present on system and the sudo is configured by default. That was put-up
10 by sudo creator in vanilla package, though it's configured in compile time.
11
12 OK. That default behaviour was changed.
13 Without any notification, except bash comment, in sudo ebuild.
14 Do you consider that to be right?
17 Best regards, Spinal