From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel panick after time while compiling....
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 05:38:40
1 On Monday 27 May 2013 21:11:33 Tamer Higazi wrote:
2 > The problem is the following, that the same crap happen on Windows as
3 > well. I got there bluescreen after a while.
4 >
5 > I made a memory test, and let it run over 50% of over all tests, and no
6 > error displayed (perhaps I let it go more then hours).
9 > However, I don't really believe that it is a memory issue....
10
11 If it is not a memory issue, then it may well be a power supply issue. My old
12 PC started playing up lately (e.g. a couple of kernel panics when shutting
13 down, or freezing at random) and I discovered some domed capacitors in the
14 PSU. I will similarly be buying a new machine soon, although I may bother
15 myself with replacing the capacitors at some point.
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick