From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-user] soliciting a DHCP lease / carrier lost
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 02:21:40
1 The new box I installed in remote location has a problem obtaining IP
2 address. The box was working perfectly on my local LAN.
3
4 In remote location I assigned static IP to it 10.10.0.5
5 Previously this IP was assigned to a Virtual Box but I no longer use it,
6 so I assign this IP to a new box.
7
8 The box was working for a day, but now when I boot the box I get
9 - soliciting a DHCP lease
10 - carrier lost
11
12 Could the old IP get stuck somewhere in DD-WRT router?
13
14 ping 10.10.0.5 - gives me no response.
15
16 The Cat5 is about 15-20meter long, I test it with a cable tester, it is
17 good (all the lights light up in correct order).
18 Cable is plugged in into a new switch.
19
20 I'll try to assign different address to it tomorrow and will try a new
21 router on Friday.
24 Thelma