From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mouse Question (Not working Wheel)
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 19:34:28
1 On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 14:13 -0400, Christopher E wrote:
2 > Thank you Michael!
3 >
4 > So that would apply to a mouse with two buttons and the wheel that is
5 > button also?
6 >
7 Yes. In any Linux docs you might read that refer to the "third mouse
8 button", this is your mouse wheel.
9 > Sincerely,
10 > Christopher
11 >
12 > On 5/2/06, Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de> wrote:
13 > > Hi Christopher,
14 > >
15 > > Am Dienstag, 2. Mai 2006 19:50 schrieb Christopher E:
16 > > > Hello all,
17 > > > I am wondering what I need to do to get my wheel (scroll) to work
18 > > > inside of gnome?
19 > > > In my xorg I have auto as the protocal, and for the location to
20 > > > /dev/input/mice what else do I nned for geting my mouse wheel to work
21 > > > inside of Gnome?
22 > >
23 > > basically you need to add:
24 > > Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
25 > > Option "Buttons" "5"
26 > > to the Section "InputDevice" of your mouse in your xorg.conf
27 > > You can find more info about this (including special configurations for some
28 > > mice) at http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Mouse_Scrollwheel
29 > >
30 > > > Thanks for your help ahead of time!
31 > > > Sincerely,
32 > > > Christopher
33 > >
34 > > Hth,