From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dropbox, cli, and all that
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 05:16:08
1 On 24 September 2010 21:58, <felix@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 09:43:11PM -0700, Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
3 >> I'm using nautilus-dropbox. It's working fine, not the slightest
4 >> problem. I rarely use Nautilus, though. All access is through the CLI.
5 >>
6 >> If you don't want the daemon running all the time then don't start it
7 >> automatically. You can use "dropbox start" and "dropbox stop" to
8 >> start/stop the daemon whenever you want to.
9 >
10 > But it requires Nautlis ... did you compile from source, or install
11 > the Ubuntu or Fedora package?  I tried building the source, and it
12 > complained
13 >
14 >    No package 'libnautilus-extension' found
15 >
16 > Emerge tells me I need 18 packages to install Nautilus.  I don't have
17 > Gnome or KDE installed and I don't want them; I'm not philosopically
18 > opposed to them, but I got tired of all the regular emerge problems
19 > being added to for something I never use.
20
21 I don't really remember but I have nautilus-dropbox installed so I
22 suppose I used that. I also use KDE and apparently some Gnome stuff so
23 it was not such a big deal for me. It didn't want to install Mono
24 which is where I draw the line. :-)
25
26 I do understand your reluctance to install lots of packages you don't
27 really need but I'm afraid I can't help you there. Perhaps you can see
28 if it's possible to just install libnautilus-extension? As far as I
29 can tell, things work fine from the CLI. There does not appear to be
30 any real dependency on Nautilus.