From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Proper way of updating mysql from 5.0.90-r2 to 5.1.50?
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:34:47
1 Hi,
2 what is the proper way of updating mysql? I did it as with
3 any other package, following this sequence:
4
5 emerge --ask --update --deep --newuse world
6 [ebuild N ] net-misc/curl-7.20.0-r2 USE="idn ipv6 ssl -ares -gnutls
7 -kerberos -ldap -libssh2 -nss -test"
8 [ebuild N ] dev-util/cmake-2.8.1-r2 USE="ncurses -emacs -qt4
9 -vim-syntax"
10 [ebuild U ] dev-db/mysql-5.1.50 [5.0.90-r2] USE="-pbxt% -xtradb%"
11 [ebuild U ] virtual/mysql-5.1 [5.0]
12 emerge --depclean
13 revdep-rebuild
14 /etc/init.d/mysqld stop
15 /etc/init.d/mysqld start
16
17 But this is apparently not the proper way, because after
18 restarting the server, apache does not show my web-page
19 reporting there is no such a database. I checked it with
20 phpmyadmin, and really, there is absolutely no database
21 in mysql!
22
23 I quickly restored backup version which I have done just
24 before trying mysql-update, so my web-site is up and running.
25 Now I would like to update mysql the right way, I but do not
26 know how to do it...
27
28 Jarry
32 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
33 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.