From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Virtualization
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 19:42:29
1 On Saturday 05 September 2009 19:21:57 Nick Khamis wrote:
2 > Hello Group,
3 >
4 > I do not meean to be persistent regarding this problem
5
6 So you are being accidentally persistent then? And not doing it deliberately?
7
8 > but I am unable to
9 > emerge vmware-server or xen. the error I am experioencing is attached at a
10 > the build.log.
13 > Environment: x86, 2.6.30-r5
14 >
15 > Your Help is Greatly Appreciated,
16
17 Why are you trying to use an old vmware version on the almost very latest
18 kernel version? If you know anything about the kernel development process and
19 the vmware development/release process, you will know that what you are trying
20 to do is just never ever going to work.
21
22 SO STOP TRYING!!
23
24 Do one of these options:
25
26 1. Use latest unstable vmware with the last unstable kernel that builds
27 2. Use stable vmware with latest stable kernel that builds
28
29 There is no third option. Stop looking for one.
32 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com