From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recommendation for a wireless G Broadband Router
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:50:02
1 At Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:01:17 -0300 Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Gordon Schulz <gordon.schulz@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> Another option is the excellent Tomato Firmware
5 >> (http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato), which does exactly what you need
6 >> out of the box.
9 > Another vote for Tomato, as its the best firmware I've used so far.
10 > But, if you have a version 5 or latter, then you're stuck with dd-wrt
11 > micro edition.
12
13 Mine says ver 2 on the device and the web page says the firmware
14 version is v2.02.7. So I will look into tomato
15
16 > I use a WRT54GL ("L" model is, IMHO, the best).
17
18 My wife has a newer linksys. Maybe hers is an L. She does use IPC so
19 wouldn't notice the IP addresses changing.
20
21 Thank you everyone for the advice.
22
23 allan