From: Kevin Fullerton <kevin.fullerton@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mmx sse sse2 use flags
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:28:51
1 On 19:13 Thu 12 Oct , Matthew R. Lee wrote:
2 > I need a bit of advice. I have these use flags enabled for mplayer (mmx, sse,
3 > sse2) But I've also seen them as possible use flags for a number of other
4 > programs, I'm about to install some kind of dvdripper. So the question is
5 > should I enable these flags on a case by case basis or stick them in my
6 > make.config? And if so should I use all three or just one?
7 > Thanks in advance
8 > Matt
9
10 Yes - take a look/create /etc/portage/package.use
11
12 Cheers
13
14 Kevin