From: Bertram Scharpf <lists@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Rubygems and Rake problem
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 06:37:05
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thursday, 28. Jan 2021, 06:52:37 +0100, Hans de Graaff wrote:
4 > On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 19:13:37 +0100, Bertram Scharpf wrote:
5 >
6 > > after a long period with a lot of problems installing Ruby Gems and
7 > > Gentoo packages containing Ruby Gems, I found the following solution: I
8 > > added a line
9 > >
10 > > s.executables = ["rake".freeze]
11 >
12 > > What do you think? Maybe someone likes to confirm this.
13 > > I will definitely not file any report or patch to neither the RubyGems
14 > > nor the Rake project any more.
15 >
16 > Could you file a but about this at https://bugs.gentoo.org/ including an
17 > example of the problem this is causing for you? As far as I'm aware this
18 > is not a known issue.
19
20 I tried to reproduce the problem, but the Gem installer
21 immediately updates the Rake gem so that the messy gem
22 specification of the old version will no longer be accessed.
23 I suppose the error only surfaces in times when the Rake
24 package is the newest version.
25
26 Nevertheless, the missing executable specification line
27 definitely is a bug, probably on the RubyGems side, not in
28 Gentoo Portage.
29
30 Again, and I can’t stress this enough, I'm tired of
31 searching for bugs in these lousy written tools RubyGems and
32 Rake. I will not make any effort to report any bugs there
33 any more and I do not want to be responsible for anything
34 these tools do.
35
36 Bertram
40 Bertram Scharpf