From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT?]: In search of a program to do different b/w dithering methods
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 21:34:52
1 On Mon, Jan 01, 2018 at 09:24:46PM +0100, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > […]
4 > For displaying (the illusion of) different shades of gray, one need
5 > to convert the colored image into a so called "dithered" black and
6 > white image (newspapers often use this trick).
7 > Since -- in difference to the newspapers -- the pixels all have the
8 > same size and can only be switched on or off only a few dithering
9 > methods can be applied from which I want to choose the best suited
10 > for a certain image.
11 >
12 > The only problem: Which software can do this kind of conversion?
13
14 The obvious answer Gimp has three methods. Open your photo, select Image →
15 Mode → Indexed. Select 1 bit colour depth and choose between the dithering
16 methods at the bottom of the dialog.
19 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
20 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
21
22 The bad thing about Wikipedia jokes is
23 - Deleted due to lack of relevance. -