From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Some hints about evdev versus xorg and your mouse and keyboard
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 10:02:04
1 On Friday 10 April 2009, walt wrote:
2
3 > The big picture first: The plan is to use evdev *instead* of the
4 > drivers in xf86-input-keyboard and xf86-input-mouse,
5 [snip...]
6
7 > In my xorg.conf there is no mention whatever of mice or keyboards,
8 > and xf86-input-keyboard and xf86-input-mouse have been completely
9 > deleted from my machine. (xf86-input-evdev is still necessary, of
10 > course.)
11
12 I seem to have both of these installed and following the xorg ebuild post
13 install messages I rebuilt them since they showed up when I ran:
14
15 # qlist -I -C x11-drivers/
16 x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev
17 x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard
18 x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse
19 x11-drivers/xf86-input-synaptics
20 x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati
21
22 Are you saying that the above drivers are no longer needed because evdev will
23 do everything and do it correctly?
24
25 PS. I also needed to add an entry in
26 my /etc/hal/fdi/policy/10-xinput-configuration.fdi for the synaptics
27 behaviour to be as it was before the xorg upgrade.
28 --
29 Regards,
30 Mick