From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone using Yahoo as Postfix relay? (Name service error for name=smtp1.mail.vip.ukl.yahoo.com type=MX: Malformed name server reply)
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 17:35:23
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone using Yahoo as Postfix relay? (Name service error for name=smtp1.mail.vip.ukl.yahoo.com type=MX: Malformed name server reply) by Stroller
1 * Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 Hi,
4
5 > >Did you authenticate propery @smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk ?
6 >
7 > I believe so. There's nothing in the logs to indicate that I haven't,
8 > and the user:pass in /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd is correct,
9
10 Is there any note that it even tried to authenticate ?
11
12 <snip>
13
14 > >>I think this would only satisfy mg1.uky.edu if you yourself relayed
15 > >>anything to its domain via Yahoo. And for that you would require an
16 > >>SMTP account with Yahoo.
17 > >
18 > >My relays push the mails to the MX'es defined in the domains.
19 > >Maybe I missed the point, but I don't see why this shouldn't work.
20 >
21 > My box normally pushes to the MX defined for the domain, too, but
22 > mg1.uky.edu will reject SMTP deliveries for any message with a From:
23 > address where the domain doesn't match the sending machine. As I have
24 > already explained.
25
26 Stupid configuration, since the admin expects MX and relay to be
27 the same, which is a very bad assumption, but well, let's give it
28 to him: relay through another box, which rewrites the headers of
29 the mails to this bogous mx.
30
31 AFAIK, sendmail's genericstable can help here:
32 Mask the from dependent on the destination.
35 cu
36 --
37 ---------------------------------------------------------------------
38 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service
39
40 phone: +49 36207 519931 www: http://www.metux.de/
41 fax: +49 36207 519932 email: contact@×××××.de
42 cellphone: +49 174 7066481
44 -- DSL ab 0 Euro. -- statische IP -- UUCP -- Hosting -- Webshops --
46 --
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list