From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issue 3 - CD Playing
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 16:35:52
1 Hi Guys,
2
3 You all must think I'm like a bear with a sore paw! :-)
4
5 On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 3:51 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
6
7 > On Wednesday 19 Oct 2011 04:54:02 Colleen Beamer wrote:
8 > > On 10/18/11 21:07, Mark Knecht wrote:
9 > > > On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Colleen Beamer
10 > > > <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
11 > > > <SNIP>
12 > > >
13 > > >>>> To listen to audio CDs you should *not* mount the CD. Therefore the
14 > above
15 > entry is not required.
16 >
17 > Since you are trying to use KDE apps to play CDs you ought to check that
18 > you
19 > have installed:
20 >
21 > kde-base/kdemultimedia-meta
22 > kde-base/kdemultimedia-kioslaves
23 >
24 Both of these are installed. However, I really just wanted to bring one
25 last thing to everyone's attention .... just in case.
26
27 Like I said in one of my previous e-mails, I got kaffeine to play audio
28 CD's. Not sure what I did although, as stated, I installed something where
29 I had to add a USE flag and then, did "--update --deep --newuse world".
30
31 Anyway, plugging away at some of the suggestions that were made, I checked
32 /home/colleen.kde4/config/ for all the rc files that should be there. Every
33 program creates an rc file. However, kscd has no kscdrc file even after it
34 is started up. Is this a bug?
35
36 Regards,
37