From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] qemu not working on a P3M
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 13:19:15
1 I have been using qemu to run windows and gentoo vms on gentoo for some
2 years and moved to qemu-kvm a while back - works well on my current
3 Intel core 2 desktop
4
5 I have decided to give VMware-workstation the boot off my work laptop
6 (even with work paying for a licence its just too hard to keep it
7 running) so after upgrading to kernel 3.4.4 and finding my existing
8 vmware wont build modules any more I installed qemu.
9
10 But that wont run either - its a P3M which means (correct me if wrong)
11 so it wont run qemu-kvm. So Ive installed app-emulation/qemu
12 and app-emulation/kqemu but there is no "qemu" binary and programs like
13 qemu-i386 just print a limited help and wont accept the usual arguments
14 - its almost like a wrapper is missing.
15
16 Can someone offer a guide or suggestions on how to get qemu working?
17
18 BillK
19
20 * I could use virtual box which would probably work but I prefer qemu -
21 its been less of a hassle over the years.