From: David Abbott <dabbott@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Iron penguin on usb?
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 00:26:11
1 On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 5:15 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Ok the latest release of livedvd is here:
5 >
6 > https://www.gentoo.org/news/20140826-livedvd.xml
7 >
8 > So my understanding is you can put this on a usb stick. Run
9 > gentoo live, download packages, set flags, install packages
10 > and save them to the USB stick? So it's a portable gentoo
11 > workstation on a usb stick?
12
13 Use dd to put it on a usb stick.
14 For persistence I would ask likewhoa;
15 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-995118.html
18 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LiveUSB/HOWTO
21 > Are these the best instructions to follow to createa usb bootable
22 > live gentoo image? It has to be able to install new packages and
23 > save those to the usb stick.
24 >
25 > I remember some time back (Neil) mentioned a package I was
26 > not aware of (and naturally cannot remmber the name of) that
27 > made creating USB bootable, usable, images on a usb stick
28 > straightforward?
29 >
30 > It even handled grub2, uefi and such?
31 >
32 > suggestions?
35 > James
39 Regards,