From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Have I to install wifi now?
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 08:42:49
1 On Sunday, 31 May 2020 00:19:21 BST Michael wrote:
2
3 --->8
4
5 > Admittedly, like you I have also installed LVM which I don't want/need on
6 > its own. It is pulled in by sys-fs/cryptsetup, needed by pmount, which I
7 > use and may want to use with encrypted filesystems in the future. I'm not
8 > sure if ext4 fs encryption is mature enough presently and what it requires.
9 > A project for a rainy day.
10
11 Cryptsetup is required by libblockdev here, and udisks in turn. Some time last
12 year the blockdev devs found they could no longer do without a hard dependency
13 on cryptsetup. I didn't dig into the detail; perhaps it was a fight like what
14 Dale describes. We just have to accept it now, anyway.
17 Regards,
18 Peter.