From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Install
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 23:44:52
1 Christopher Robinson wrote:
2 > Neil,
3 > There you go again twisting my words.I never said it compiles to a graphic desktop. I said it gets
4 > to one, after compiling. Try to read more carefully, will you?
5 > Please keep to your promise not to respond to my posts.
6
7 Either way, what you said is not correct. As I posted in another reply,
8 the media doesn't compile anything to get to a GUI or desktop.
9 Actually, it doesn't compile anything at all. It only boots and gives
10 you a command prompt which is all you need to start installing Gentoo.
11 So far, the very first reply Neil gave seems to be the most accurate
12 advice. Based on the very limited info you have provided, it seems you
13 have not even started the install process. You think you have but you
14 have only booted the media and not much else beyond that.
15
16 Several of us are trying to help you with this process but you are not
17 helping yourself by responding to only a few messages with info that is
18 either wrong or has nothing whatsoever to do with the problem. I posted
19 a reply hours ago asking some questions about what you have done and if
20 you recall doing them. You seem to have ignored that message
21 completely. If you can't answer our questions so that we can figure out
22 just where in the process you are, then we can't help you.
23
24 Dale
25