From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get a DVD to burn.
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 16:07:08
1 On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 20:19:02 -0500, Dale wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>> I also tried to burn this with tkdvd but it failed too. I don't think
9 >>> the media is bad. It doesn't appear to be k3b since the other program
10 >>> fails too. I also updated to the latest testing but no
11 >>> difference that I can see. It does sometimes burn and sometimes if I
12 >>> try again it will burn but it's not getting any better.
13 >>>
14 >>
15 >> K3b is running mkisofs and growisofs at the same time, hence the mixed up
16 >> debug output making it hard to see where the error is coming from. Take
17 >> the media, drive and growisofs out of the equation by getting K3b to
18 >> create an ISO image instead. If that works, write the image to disc with
19 >>
20 >> growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=/path/to/file.iso
21 >>
22 >> At least you'll have a better idea where the problem lies.
26 > Could I just get rid of one of the programs or are they all part of the same
27 > package? I suspect a mismatch of package versions which is why I went
28 > unstable with k3b and cdrtools.
29 >
30 > It is odd that it is trying to run two programs at the same time tho.
31
32 My money is on a dying DVD burner/laser...