From: Aaron Clark <ophidian@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Good Library Management software
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:16:57
1 Joshua D Doll wrote:
2 > Eric Martin wrote:
3 >> Before I recreated the wheel, does anybody know of any good library
4 >> management software (preferably in portage)? My wife and I are having
5 >> a hard time keeping track of what books we have, and what books we are
6 >> lending out to people so I figured this would be a good way to keep
7 >> track. Since it's for personal use it doesn't have to be anything
8 >> big. Preferably backended by MySQL as I already have a server running
9 >> for MythTV and Amarok.
10 >>
11 >> I did a few eix searches for portage and came up empty handed, and
12 >> sourceforge.net has a ton of stuff but I was wondering what other
13 >> people use.
14 >>
15 >> Thanks!
16 > Have you looked at alexandria? http://alexandria.rubyforge.org/index.html.
17 >
18 > --Joshua Doll
19
20 I'll second the suggestion of Alexandria for desktop usage but I would
21 note that the latest stable version in Portage is extremely old. I
22 would suggest using 0.6.3 (the latest upstream release, ~amd64 & ~x86 in
23 portage).
24
25 If you want something more involved (like a real Library would use), you
26 could look into Koha[1] and/or Evergreen[2] as web apps but
27 unfortunately neither is in Portage.
28
29 Aaron
30