From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xen on new install reboots by itself
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:33:33
1 On Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:02:24 PM lee wrote:
2 > hydra <hydrapolic@×××××.com> writes:
3 > > You mean the documentation at Gentoo about Xen sucks or the upstream
4 > >
5 > > documentation? What information are you missing from there? Maybe we can
6 > > add the missing pieces for Xen being more accessible and easier to use,
7 > > what do you think? :)
8 >
9 > I mean the documentation they have on their wiki. It's a confusing mess
10 > referring to various version with which things are being done
11 > differently.
12
13 The problem here is the different "implementations" that exist:
14 - Xen (install and configure yourself, toolset: 'xl' , 'xm' is deprecated)
15 - Citrix and XCP (pre-configured, install on dedicated server, toolset: 'xcp')
16 - OVM (Oracle's implementation, not sure which toolset they use)
17
18 > Could you add missing pieces about why power management --- as in
19 > frequency scaling --- doesn't work
20
21 What doesn't work with this?
22 The following seems quite detailed:
23 http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_power_management
24
25 And the commands listed there (for the hypervisor based option) work on my
26 server.
27
28 > and what to do about keeping the time
29 > in sync between all VMs when you find out that this doesn't work as the
30 > documentation would have you think it does?
31
32 In what way doesn't it work?
33 The clocks are all synchronized and I don't need to use anything like 'ntpd'
36 Joost