From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 09:42:07
1 On Sat, 3 Sep 2011 01:05:33 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 17:28:21 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >
6 > > At the moment I'm using claws and it seems quite fine. It has it's
7 > > funnies (mostly just different behaviour from kmail actually) so I
8 > > need to rewire my brain a bit.
9 >
10 > I *really* like Claws Mail, I never liked KMail. In fact, removing
11 > KDEPIM is the best way to improve KDE.
12
13 :-)
14
15 > > It wants to wait for me to manually expunge folders, and I haven't
16 > > quite
17 >
18 > Account Preferences>Advanced>Move deleted mail to trash and expunge
19 > immediately
20
21 When I'd got around to reading the FAQ, I found this very tidbit of
22 useful info but thanks
23
24 > > figured out how to always get it to use the correct .sig (a few
25 > > times my work .sig got used on mailing lists where I always use
26 > > gmail), but claws has these two amazing features that make it a
27 > > killer app for me:
28 >
29 > Set up a different (SMTP-only if necessary) account for each address
30 > and specify the sig. You can set the default account to use for a
31 > folder, which means you always use the correct address on a mailing
32 > list. If no default account is set, Claws will default to using the
33 > account that the mail you are replying to was sent to.
34
35 I like to use local IMAP folder and route all mail into those,
36 organized by work and other. I found that I can set prefs for a top
37 folders and all children folders which handled this one nicely.
38 >
39 > > - it actually sends, receives and stores mail (akonadi users will
40 > > appreciate how a mailer can get to make that insanely more complex
41 > > than it needs to be)
42 >
43 > I'm so glad I ditched KMail before akonadi and friends came along.
44
45 "The mythical man-month" by Brooks perfectly describes akonadi, they
46 went right ahead and made every mistake in the book, especially all the
47 ones solved in the 70s already,...
51 Alan McKinnnon
52 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com