From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ati or Nvida (emacs or vi (gnome or kde) ...))
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 00:07:57
1 Hi,
2
3 I changed the subject slightly to make my point: Every person will have
4 a different opinion, as the number of replies already shows. Everyone
5 has had different experiences with either. Some people buy one card
6 that never worked with the propriatary drivers, and therefore never buy
7 from them again. Some people buy a card and have great performanc and
8 no problems, ever. Personally, I've used a number of both cards, and
9 I've been able to get 3D working and quite stable on all of them.
10
11 My best advice would be to find someone who has the exact card you want
12 to buy, and see how it works for them. Distribution doesn't matter, so
13 long as it's linux. Then check kernel and Xorg versions.
14
15 HTH!
19 I would much rather have men ask why I have no statue, than why I have one.
20 -- Marcus Procius Cato
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list