From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FN+keys on my dell inspiron 2200 keyboard
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 19:56:36
1 On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 04:19:07PM +0800, Penguin Lover Mark David Dumlao squawked:
2 > firstly, I turn on my xev and press them. I get no response. watching my
3 > kernel messages, I get to see their keycodes in a message like this:
4 >
5 > Mar 7 04:00:31 titusx [11428.510000] atkbd.c: Unknown key pressed
6 > (translated s
7 > et 2, code 0x85 on isa0060/serio0).
8 > Mar 7 04:00:31 titusx [11428.510000] atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes e005
9 > <keycode>'
10 > to make it known.
11 >
12 > I tracked down all the keycodes and was able to make a script of keycodes in
13 > my /etc/conf.d/local.start
14 >
15 > setkeycodes e005 133
16
17 I've ran into your problem before, and I've ventured down the same
18 path before, and when it didn't quite work, I noticed the following in
19 'man setkeycodes'
20
21 BUGS
22 The keycodes of X have nothing to do with those of Linux. Unusual
23 keys can be made visible under Linux, but not under X.
24
25 and I gave up.
26
27 If you find a solution, please let us know. :)
28
29 Best,
30
31 W
32 --
33 The day your life sucks and you put a gun in your mouth, 2 minutes
34 later they'll have your lotto numbers on the TV, some hot chick will
35 call you and ask you out, your boss will call in with a promotion
36 and your parents will call and apologize for making childhood suck.
37 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 95 days, 18:09
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list