From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up a home router
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 01:39:01
1 Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
2 >
3 > Thanks for that link. The document is _very_ good and complete. But I
4 > don't think it's particularly well suited for beginners.
5 >
6 > My suggestion would probably be very conservative: netfilter.org's own
7 > docs. http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/index.html
8 >
9 > -hwh
12 OK. I just had to reply to this one. FINALLY somebody explained how
13 the heck iptables works and what it does in a way that makes sense to
14 ME. The best part is that there is a INPUT chain and a OUTPUT chain
15 then you connect them together with iptables. THAT I could understand.
16 Why can't they put stuff like this in the man page so that nuts like me
17 can understand it?
18
19 Thanks much for that link.
20