From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: PORTDIR_OVERLAY in make.conf has no effect anymore?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 01:24:21
1 Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri <at> iki.fi> writes:
4 > > since a few days when I configured /etc/repos.conf the setting of
5 > > PORTDIR_OVERLAY in /etc/portage/make.conf
6 > > seems to get ignored.
7
8 > > What did I miss?
9
10 Um, one of the devs wrote up a lengthy explanation. Some other devs
11 suggested the message be trimmed down a bit as a news item. I thought
12 the lenghty message was detailed and articulate (on gentoo-dev).
13 The changes, if you read the thread, are quite extensive, imho.
14
15 See gentoo-dev 2-feb-2015 by Brian Dolbec
16 (the entire thread is good reading)
17
18 I have so hacked up my old setup that I'm reticent to update per the
19 news item; eventually I'll have to. So do post back any tidbits
20 you discover, as I believe there are a myriad of schemes to perform
21 partial sync/updates to various types of codes an active gentooer
22 might have on their system. emaint now has a very large role.
25 timidly,
26 James