From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc-4.1.1
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 15:23:39
1 Wednesday 07 June 2006 15:53 skrev Mohammed Hagag:
2 > i just want to know if any one here have built a full desktop with
3 > gcc-4.1.1 without problems ?
4
5 I had to run 'fix_libtool_files.sh 3.3.6' (my previous gcc was v. 3.3.6). I
6 did not have to emerge -e world (at least not yet). I have compiled qt, all
7 of kde and some other apps that has been upgraded in ~x86 Gentoo during the
8 last 12 days with gcc 4.1.1. I have not yet compiled glibc and glib with gcc
9 4.1.1. I have yet to see a problem that can't be solved by recompiling
10 something. :)
11
12 > i have some problems with xf86 video drivers and some other ebuilds.
13
14 I you want help you have to be a lot more specific. What xf86 video drivers?
15
16 > i did a bootstartp from normal stage3 and i'm doing emerge -e world
17 > now but some important packages did not compile most of the with
18 > errors about glibc include files.
19
20 Which important packages? What are the errors?
21
22 > any one here know any thing about these problems ??
23
24 Given the very limited info you have provided, I very much doubt it..
27 Bo Andresen