From: Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why are packages not merged binary
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 16:47:21
1 In <52B97530.8070907@×××××.com> alan.mckinnon@×××××.com (Alan McKinnon) writes:
2
3 >On 24/12/2013 12:59, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I have several machines of the same architecture so I build using distcc
7 >> and --buildpkg and then try to emerge -uk on the other boxes. However
8 >> there are differences in useflags so I understand, that in some cases
9 >> on the 2nd or 3rd box the package has to be rebuilt. What I still don't get
10 >> is: How can I recognize _why_ a package is not merged from the binary.
11 >> emerge -uDkvp --binpkg-respect-use y shows the use flags in colors but
12 >> I don't know how to read this.
13
14 >If portage will use the binpkg, the line is printed in a pink/purple color.
15
16 >If it can't use the binpkg, it uses the normal colours (green here).
17
18 >I always get a report if USE differs, what is your setting of
19 >--binpkg-respect-use? The usual report looks like this:
20 The setting is 'y'.
21
22 If I read what is put there it would have been easier.... 'will silence this
23 warning' no wonder I do not see anything...
24
25 Thanks.
26
27 Konstantin
28 --
29 Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@×××××××.de
30 Altersheimerstr. 1, 81545 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185
32 "Captain, this ship will not survive the forming of the cosmos." B'Elana Torres