From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no mouse nor keyboard on X
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 12:54:24
1 On Saturday 08 May 2010 14:48:13 Francisco Ares wrote:
2 > Hi, guys,
3 >
4 > After quite a long update list of packages (100+) and a reboot, I could not
5 > work in any window or desktop manager I have installed.
6 >
7 > I rebooted (the ACPI power switch worked fine) and managed to get
8 > interactive action during the init scripts and did not allowed "xdm" to
9 > start.
10 >
11 > Then I was able to use normaly the keyboard and mouse ("gpm"). Forced
12 > reinstall of xorg-server, xorg-drivers, xorg-cf-files, xdm, kdm (also, in
13 > my case, nvidia-drivers) and tryed to use Window Maker - no mouse
14 > movements, although the pointer was there, and no visible keyboard effect.
15 >
16 > Any hints on how to get things back?
17
18 What version of xorg-server?
19 It gives an elog, did you read it?
20 What input driver?
21 If you upgraded to xorg-server-1.8, did you disable hal and enable udev?
22 Are you using the evdev driver?
26 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com