From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sendmail: warning: inet_protocols: disabling IPv6
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:52:59
1 On 06/18/13 16:57, Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 >On 18 June 2013, at 16:00, Joseph wrote:
4 >
5 >> Every time I compile a package I get a message:
6 >>
7 >> sendmail: warning: inet_protocols: disabling IPv6 name/address support: Address family not supported by protocol
8 >
9 >1. Could you post the output of `grep -i mail /etc/make.conf` please?
10 >
11 >2. Could you show us some relevant output indicating the status of the "ipv6" USE flag on your system, please? Please show us all packages installed with it activated.
12 >
13 >I don't have an uptodate Gentoo system handy right now, so I'm not immediately sure the best way to perform that latter. There must be something cleaner and faster than `emerge -ep world | grep -i ipv6`, probably something in Gentoolkit.
14 >
15 >You get the message when you compile packages, and the error message begins with "sendmail" - this makes me think you have portage configured (in your make.conf) to send you its output by email (the ewarn, eerror &c messages), and that it is your mailer which is giving this warning.
16 >
17 >Googling the message suggests that your mailer might be Postfix: http://www.google.com/search?q=sendmail:+warning:+inet_protocols:+disabling+IPv6
18 >
19 >If so, the second hit looks promising: http://unix.stackexchange.com/a/70962
20 >
21 >Stroller.
22
23 Update.
24 Putting: inet_protocols = ipv4 in main.cf
25 and it help the message no longer appears.
26
27 According to postifix "inet_protocols = ipv4" is a default option but I could not find it anywhere "inet_protocols" in main.cf.
28
29 What surprises me is that this only happens on my x86 machine my other amd64 is not effected by it.
32 Joseph