From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] distcc
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 14:05:00
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: sean [mailto:tech.junk@×××××××.net]
3 > Sent: 05 January 2007 13:48
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: [gentoo-user] distcc
8 > I am reading over the info on distcc so that I might be able
9 > to setup an
10 > older P4 1.3 Ghz system to have help compiling from my dual Opteron
11 > (amd64 mode).
12 >
13 > I only want the Opteron to help the P4, not the other way around, the
14 > Opteron does not need the help.
15 >
16 > Is that configurable as such?
17 >
18 > Thanks
19 > Sean
20
21 Yes, as far as I am aware. If memory serves it is a client/server type setup - you tell the P3 that it can use the Opteron but do not need to do it vice versa.
22
23 David
24
25 Note: These views are my own, advice is provided with no guarantee of success. I do not represent anyone else in any emails I send to this list.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list