From: Bayrouni <bayrouni@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hostname and domainname
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:57:58
1 Etaoin Shrdlu a écrit :
2 > On Monday 19 February 2007 12:12, Bayrouni wrote:
3 >
4 >> I added this line in /etc/conf.d/net:
5 >> dns_domain_lo="MY_DOMAIN"
8 >> I restarted the net.lo but still the same result:
9 >> # domainname
10 >> (none)
11 >>
12 >> # hostname and hostname -f
13 >> MY_HOST
14 >>
15 >> My DNS server is running but it works only as dns cache server.
16 >>
17 >> So, do I need to configure it as DNS for this machine and the others
18 >> in LAN to have hostname and domainname commands working correctly?
19 >
20 > Ok, then you probably need to add your host's FQDN to the file /etc/hosts
21 > (eg, a.b.c.d myhost.my.domain myhost). I found it to be the only
22 > method to have hostname -f working.
26 Yes, after adding a.b.c.d myhost.my.domain myhost in /etc/hosts,
27 hostname --> myhost
28 and hostname -f --> myhost.my.domain
29 :)
30
31 but domainname --> (none)
32
33 Anyway, thanks for you and all others
34
35 Bayrouni
38 > Since the handbook does not mention this, I'm still thinking that I'm
39 > probably missing something, but even a fresh install has the problem
40 > until the /etc/hosts workaround is applied.
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list