From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: git wants a password to portage sync
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 13:15:45
1 On 05/12/17 12:40, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > I use a central machine that all other gentoo machines pull portage
3 > updates from using emerge set up for git.
4 >
5 > Some 10+ physical and virtual machines work fine.
6 >
7 > A newly installed machine wants a git password to do the git pull where
8 > as no other machine does. Tried setting up keys for it on the remote
9 > machine (user portage which is who git pulls come from) and ssh login
10 > works fine, git demands a password.
11 >
12 > Any hints because its got me beat!
13
14 I suspect the keys on the other machines are not password protected, but
15 the key on that machine is and Git asks you for it.