From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo-systemd-only deprecation
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 19:41:28
1 On 31/07/2013 20:54, Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On 31 July 2013, at 19:09, Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 >
5 >> On 31/07/2013 19:56, Stroller wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>> On 31 July 2013, at 18:23, Alan McKinnon wrote:
8 >>>> ...
9 >>>> Whinging about systemd binaries being installed is valid, but whinging
10 >>>> about some data files is not. Anyone who does is letting their OCD show
11 >>>> in ways they really should be keeping private.
12 >>>
13 >>> Hmmmn, it's a bit freaking weird - if I'm understanding correctly some of the statements made here about systemd - that there will be files installed to /etc/init.d/ that don't actually do anything.
14 >>
15 >> You are understanding it wrong.
16 >
17 > No. According to Canek, I'm not.
18 >
19 >> Only one of those sets of teeny weeny files can be used at a time,
22 > Heck! Even according to yourself, in the same email, I'm not understanding it wrong!
25 > I've asked you this before - would you stop wrongly telling people they're wrong, please?
26 >
27 > Would you please just stop and think "could it be me who is misunderstanding this?"
28 >
29 > Could you please just rephrase yourself "I think you may be mistaken".
30 >
31 > Whenever it is *you* who is mistaken, you are always assertively and authoritatively so.
32 >
33 > This makes it harder for people to question or challenge you, and it ensures those you misadvise will waste their time with greater determination. "Well, Alan knows what he's on about, and he said this definitely - there was no doubt in his statement".
34 >
35 > Not only that, it's just plain annoying to be told one is wrong when one is not.
36 >
37 > Stroller.
42 Sure, I can do that.
43
44 I read "that there will be files installed to /etc/init.d/ that don't
45 actually do anything" different to what you intended. English can be
46 very ambiguous.
47
48 If we take "You are understanding it wrong." out of my mail is the rest OK?
54 Alan McKinnon
55 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com