From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Binary install distro
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 18:26:20
1 Hi,
2
3 This is maybe a bit off topic but here goes. I want to install Linux on
4 my brothers rig. The heat sink on the CPU is not much, OEM type. I
5 don't want to install Gentoo because of that and it is a older rig with
6 a slow CPU and not a lot of ram either. So, what is a easy to install
7 distro that has KDE4, Seamonkey, gtkam, GIMP and such? I want something
8 easy because I want to install and leave it be until he can get a new
9 rig built. Then I'll be installing Gentoo for a more permanent install.
10
11 I looked at Kubuntu, Ubuntu and tried to install Mandriva. Mandriva got
12 to a point and just froze up on me. I tried three times and it did the
13 same thing each time so no clue what is going on there.
14
15 Ideas?
16
17 Dale