From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What has bash_completion done to me, and I to it?
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 18:15:47
1 On 19 May 2009, at 18:04, felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 05:51:43PM +0100, Stroller wrote:
4 >
5 >> After reading other posters negative comments in this thread, I just
6 >> gave up on it.
7 >> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/user/179589
8 >
9 > Heh ... I added a comment to that thread and hoped it owuld eventually
10 > be solved, but I guess not. Maybe it would be better to just dump it
11 > altogether. It doesn't provide a whole lot of vital functionality.
12
13 Yeah, I meant to say in my previous post that I think the best
14 approach is to set USE="-bash-completion" in make.conf when the system
15 in installed, and then never change it.
16
17 On a system which I changed from bash-completion to -bash-completion,
18 it just kinda seems like it's still not right sometime later. I'm sure
19 it's possible to remove all residue & remnants of Gentoo's bash
20 completion "hack", but I have no idea where it's all stored.
21
22 Stroller.