From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Terminals not closing after exit anymore
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 12:28:23
1 Marc Stürmer wrote:
2 > Zitat von Peter Weilbacher <newsspam@××××××××××.org>:
3 >
4 >> Don't have Mate, but I can otherwise confirm this behavior: xfce
5 >> terminal works, gnome-terminal does weird things.
6 >>
7 >> One more thing that happens to me is that apparently gnome-terminal
8 >> does not notify console apps of new window size. For me this happens
9 >> to Alpine. (The only reason why I didn't simply switch to xfce
10 >> terminal is that there I cannot switch off the scrollbar with
11 >> parameters.)
12 >
13 > Well I've found one possibility for that strange behaviour could be
14 > the proprietary Nvidia driver. There's already some bug open in the
15 > Gentoo Bugtracker.
16 >
17 > Downgraded from 331 to 319, but it did not really change at all, so
18 > still diggin'!
24 I have found this one to be the most stable driver.
25
26 x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-304.116
27
28 You may want to give it a shot.
29
30 Dale
31
35 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!