From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] gentoo on lenovo ideapad s10-3t tablet
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:59:20
1 On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 09:41:04AM +0800, Xi Shen wrote:
2 > One thing i would worry is that how long will the atom cpu take to
3 > compile my whole gentoo ~amd64 + kde4.4 system?
4
5 atom is not amd64.
6
7 Building stuff on my netbook is slow(er). My netbook has an N270 at
8 1.6GHz, with 1G ram. Most build jobs are slower than on my old laptop
9 with Pentium M 1.6G and 512M ram or on my desktop with Pentium 4 2G
10 and 512M ram.
11
12 Just some numbers:
13
14 qt-core takes 34 minutes
15 xulrunner takes 1 hr 25 minutes
16 mplayer takes 14 minutes
17 gcc takes 1 hr 28 minutes
18
19 you can try to extrapolate from there.
22 W
23 --
24 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
25 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
26 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton