From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: GRUB2 migration
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 09:04:56
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 05 Jul 2012 20:17:53 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Yet to happen, but if it did I'd have to boot a rescue CD, mount the
5 >>> rescue system and chroot to it, rerun grub and reboot. Doesn't sound
6 >>> like much of a problem to me.
7 >> It would be for me. I have my system partitioned out pretty well.
8 >> Since so much stuff has moved to /usr, that means I would have to mount
9 >> basically every partition I have. It's not a problem but as I
10 >> mentioned, it is a pain in the butt.
11 > Then put a shell script in the root filesystem to do it all for you. that
12 > way you get to type the commands when you are not in a panic about losing
13 > all your data and only have to run one command when you are.
18 That would work until I moved something around. Then, back to the
19 drawing board. I draw on the drawing board a lot tho. ;-)
20
21 Dale
22
26 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!