From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Safe way to test a new kernel?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 05:36:02
1 On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 02:50:46 +0700
2 Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
3
4 > So, as you can see, binary distros can still fuck up royal time. Not
5 > to mention that if you have an exotic configuration, support for your
6 > configuration might not be built into the kernel by the distro.
7 >
8 > Somehow I believe people deploying Gentoo servers will be much more
9 > careful...
12 Oh, the people who deploy Gentoo are certainly that careful.
13
14 It's the junior admins who type "emerge world" and walk away that
15 aren't up to the task. I sadly had to ban Gentoo on production at work
16 for that reason, but it's still highly recommended for -dev and -stage
17 machines.
20 Alan McKinnnon
21 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com