From: Richard Watson <waty@×××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Avahi Keeps failing on Emerge - Maybe a Python Error?
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 04:38:09
1 I'm sorry about the delay in closing this. I finally figured out if I remove
2 "-pipe" from my /etc/make.conf CFLAGS that all my compile errors go away.
3 Looking at the reference on the subject this option tells GCC not to create
4 temporary files when compiling but to turn this off if low on RAM. Not sure
5 why this happens as I have a 1GB Ram. Maybe this is not enough these days.
6 Anyway problem solved.
7
8 Regards, Richard
9
10 ===
11 Try to find out why this strange configure command line is being
12 called (take a look at the ebuild)
13
14 Also, there are other logs you can post. I don't remember exactly the
15 names, but I think there are multiple configure log files like
16 configure.log and configure.error (or something like that) that says
17 exactly why did configure concluded that a certain feature is missing.
18 The log you provided does not say why configure concluded there is no
19 pygtk, but configure usually *does* explain this (is specific log
20 files. Do a little search).
21
22 Regards,
23 Jorge Peixoto
26 Software is like sex: it is better when it is free - Linus Torvalds
29 No virus found in this incoming message.