From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multiple package instances within a single package slot
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 03:47:10
1 On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 06:21:12PM -0500, Valmor de Almeida wrote
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I would appreciate help with this multiple-packages-in-a-single slot
5 > problem. In the past I have unistalled packages and reinstalled on a
6 > case-by-case basis and dealt with the fall out manually. I wonder
7 > whether there is a more efficient way of doing it.
8
9 I had a similar problem during a recent installation when I converted
10 from udev to eudev. "emerge --update --newuse --deep world" spewed out
11 those error messages. However, "emerge world" (no options) ran OK.
12 Then I was able to unmerge udev and emerge eudev, the command...
13 "emerge --update --newuse --deep world" ran OK after that. Reminds me
14 of the joke about insanity... doing the same thing and expecting a
15 different result. In this case, I assume that "emerge world" resolved
16 some issues, and got the system back into a sane state.
17
18 To repeat...
19 Step 1) "emerge world"
20 Step 2) "emerge --update --newuse --deep world"
23 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
24 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications