From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Paste into vim keeping indention or original?
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 19:09:19
1 What is the solution to begin able to paste code I find on the web
2 into a file in vim and being able to keep the indentation from
3 changing?
4
5 For instance, here's the first few lines of code from a web page:
6
7 #define ARRAYSIZE(x) (sizeof(x)/sizeof(*(x)))
8
9 int main(void)
10 {
11 const char filename[] = "file.csv";
12 /*
13 * Open the file.
14 */
15
16 The indentation on the code from const down is consistently 3 spaces:
19 Pasted into vi:
20
21 #define ARRAYSIZE(x) (sizeof(x)/sizeof(*(x)))
22
23 int main(void)
24 {
25 const char filename[] = "file.csv";
26 /*
27 * Open the file.
28 */
29
30 In this case const is correct, but the next line is 6 spaces, then 9
31 spaces, then 12 spaces.
32
33 If it matters, I'm using KDE using Konsole, but I've seen this in
34 other WMs. I looked at the Tab settings in my Konsole profile but
35 nothing seems to matter.
36
37 Thanks,
38 Mark