From: Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to publish a project?
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:05:37
1 On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 6:13 AM, Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I am not sure if here is a right place to ask such question, but I
5 > just think maybe someone here have such experience and may help me.
6 >
7 > I have written a project, which is a distribution net file system, and
8 > I want to publish it under GPL.
9 > I have source code now of course, but I don't know how to make package
10 > and publish it as a project .
11 > I need the details, then I can follow step by step and make my dream
12 > come true :)
13 >
14 > I have read "Software Release Practice
15 > HOWTO"(http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-Release-Practice-HOWTO/index.html),
16 > but it seems very old.
17 >
18 > So maybe you can give some advice?
19 >
20 > Any help will be appreciated!
21 >
22 > --
23 > wcw
27 The most important thing to do is to include a LICENSE file as part of
28 your source code. Also you need to have some text in the beginning of
29 all of your source files. Read all about there here:
30 http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-howto.html
31
32 After you do this, make your source code availible via svn, cvs, or
33 just via tar balls.
34
35 Then you can make an ebuild, etc. if you want it to work with portage, etc.