From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Today's sync breaks stuff
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 22:23:41
1 On Wednesday 07 May 2008, b.n. wrote:
2 > > libtool got bumped to 2.2.4, which installs libltdl.so.3 which
3 > > breaks a huge list of dependencies - much longer than I've seen in
4 > > ages. In my case my dm and wm were broken so when X starts nothing
5 > > happens and I lost the keyboard. Couldn't even get to a virtual
6 > > console so had to do the usual fight with boot single user mode,
7 > > remount / rw, start lvm, manually mount ... you get the idea
8 >
9 > In my system (synced this morning) libtool is still firmly at 1.5.2 -
10 > are you talking about ~x86 systems, isn't it?
11
12 Yes, I should have mentioned that. I'm on ~x86
13
14 Turns out I had more problems than just libtool, so I reverted back to
15 libtool-1* to get a stable system, I'll try upgrading back to v2 in a
16 few days and see what happens then.
19 Alan McKinnon
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list