From: Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: dangerous to emerge --depclean
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 08:28:13
1 2006/6/3, Sven Köhler <skoehler@×××.de>:
2 > > I just can't understand why "emerge -- depclean" such a dangerous
3 > > command can exist or i do it in a wrong way(although i think i am
4 > > right).
5 >
6 > Have you seen the big fat warning that says "emerge --depclean may
7 > damage your system" ?
8 >
9 > "--depclean" is a nice service for advanced users. It's nothing for
10 > beginners. You should know, why it does - and how it does what it does.
11 >
12 > Well, --depclean start with all the packages in your world-file
13 > (/var/lib/portage/world) and then it visits all the dependencies and the
14 > dependencies of the dependencies of the packages.
15 >
16 > All the packages, that are installed but that are not in the world file
17 > or not a dependency, these packages are removed.
18 Thanks for your advices!I have learned a lot!
25 wcw
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list