From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't connect to router with 3 different interfaces
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 19:50:02
1 On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I have 2 different USB wireless network adapters and an internal PCIe
3 > adapter and none will connect to a Jazztel router I need to connect to
4 > on the road. I've tried several different kernels. I've tried
5 > restarting the router and I've verified that the WEP password is
6 > correct by logging into the router itself (good ol' admin/admin) but
7 > wicd always gives me the "bad password" message. dmesg isn't very
8 > informative. All I get is from the internal adapter (with debugging
9 > enabled for the driver) after each failure is:
10 >
11 > L1 Disabled: Enabling L0S
12 > Radio type=0x1-0x2-0x0
13 > wlan0: link is not ready
14 >
15 > Does anyone know how to figure this out?
16
17 I would try setting a static IP on the client in wicd... maybe
18 something in the DHCP session between the router and client is wonky.