From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem with eix
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:39:29
1 Hi all,
2 I have just tried to use eix but all I'm getting is Found 0 matches.
3 I have updated eix
4 update-eix
5 Reading Portage settings ..
6 Building database (/var/cache/eix) from scratch ..
7 [0] /usr/portage/ (cache: cdb)
8 Reading 100%
9 [1] /usr/local/portage/ (cache: none)
10 Reading 100%
11 Applying masks ..
12 Database contains 1 packages in 147 categories.
13
14 This is the emerge info which I don't understand ( would I want to use cdb or
15 backport ---whatever that is)
16 * Please run 'update-eix' to setup the portage search database.
17 * The database file will be located at /var/cache/eix
18
19 * If you want to use cdb support, you need to add
20 * PORTDIR_CACHE_METHOD="cdb"
21 * to /etc/eixrc or ~/.eixrc
22
23 * If you want to use the backported cache patch of portage-2.1
24 * you need to add
25 * PORTDIR_CACHE_METHOD="backport"
26 * to /etc/eixrc or ~/.eixrc
27
28 * As of >=eix-0.5.4, "metadata" is the new default cache.
29 * It's independent of the portage-version and the cache used by portage.
30 What does this mean?
31 The following are the main items from my make.conf:-
32 CFLAGS="-O2 -march=athlon-xp -pipe"
33 CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
34 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
35 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86"
36 MAKEOPTS="-j2"
37 AUTOCLEAN="yes"
38 PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage/"
39 FEATURES="fixpackages ccache"
40 PORT_LOGDIR=/var/log/portage
41 CCACHE_SIZE="2G"
42 CCACHE_DIR="/var/tmp/ccache"
43
44 Sorry this is long but can anybody point me in the right direction please
45 Paul
46 --
47 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
48 --
49 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list