From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:11:03
1 Willie Wong wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 06:52:12AM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> A complete reboot like that might be software jumping to the wrong
5 >> address but, if so, it seems to me that it's more likely caused by how
6 >> you've built the machine and not the software itself having a bug.
7 >>
8 > If this is a continuation of Dale's previous problems, it is most
9 > likely that the reboot is caused by him having enabled the kernel
10 > option to reboot on panic. The question then is, what is causing the
11 > kernel to panic?
12 >
13 > W
17 This is correct. When the kernel panics, it waits 10 seconds or so then
18 reboots itself. I was concerned that whatever locks it up may make the
19 CPU run at 100% or something and cause damage down the road. So, when
20 Neil posted how to set it to do this, I set it up. It works.
21
22 Dale
23